Nepal is one of the richest countries in the world in terms of bio-diversity due to its unique geographical position and altitude variation. The elevation of the country ranges from 60 meters above sea level to the highest point on earth, Mt. Everest at 8,848 meters, all within a distance of 150 kilometers resulting in climatic conditions from sub-tropical to arctic.
Nepal Started furnishing work force to overseas countries from early 18th century with Gorkha Regiment for East India Company. British Govt. was impressed by bravery and honesty of Gurkhas and therefore, formed a separate Gorkha Regiment in 1815. The Gorkha fought for Britain in I, II World war in heroic way. Since then overseas employment has been a great fascination for Nepalese Youth.
In 1985 the Government of Nepal made the Foreign Employment Act & enforced it to regulate the procedures. During last 20 years, more than one million workers have been drained to various countries for overseas jobs & earned a great fame.
- Area: 1,47,181 Sq Kms.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Location: Between China & India
- Latitude: 80°12´ and 30° North
- Longitude: 80°4' and 88°12' East
- Political System: Multiple Democracy with Constitutional Monarchy
- Population: 25,000 Thousand (Approx)
- Time: +5.45 with GMT
- Office Hour: 10 Am to 5PM
- Seasons: Winter (March-Feb) 1° to 18°C
- Summer (March-May) 18° to 32°
- Monsoon (June-August)
- Autumn (Sept-Nov) 10° to 18°